Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Impulse 2

B (staring at the menu): When did eggs become so expensive?
G: You make me sick.
B: Don't start on me again. Will you get over it already?
G: Look around you, Billy. Look around you.
(Billy looks around).
B: Yeah, what?
G: It's freakin' freezing outside Billy. It's freezing!
B: Yeah, well, you should've brought a jacket.
G: You should've brought a jacket!
B: I did bring a jacket. And gloves.
G: You should've brought one for me.
B: Why on earth is it my responsibility to bring you a jacket?
G: Because I'm your girlfriend. And I thought you cared about me.
B: Look. I know you have daddy issues, and I am older than you, but-
G: Excuse me. Daddy issues?
B: Yeah.
G: How dare you bring up my father here.
B: Oh I'm sorry, are you only allowed to talk about him with your therapist?
G: You disgust me.
B: Whatever. I don't even care any more.
G: Lower your voice, will you?
B (yelling): I will not lower my voice. I will speak as loud as I want to.
G: Don't cause a scene.
B (yelling): She told me not to cause a scene. I think it's too late for that.
G: That's real mature, Billy. Real mature.
B: Yeah, well. Whatever.
G: Is that all you have to say?
B: That's all I could think of.
G: I can't do this anymore, Billy. I'm leaving.
B: Fine. Get your stuff out of my apartment. You know, it'll be nice to have my bedroom back to myself.
G: No, I wasn't saying I'm moving out, I'm just leaving the restaurant.
B: Oh.
G: Why, do you want me to move out?
B: No. Not unless you want to move out.
G: I don't want to move out.
B: Then I don't want you to move out.
G: Okay then.
(Pause).
B: Look, I'm sorry I didn't bring you a jacket, okay? Do you want to wear mine?
G: No. It doesn't match my outfit. But thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment